SCAG pricing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BigTwoHearted, May 12, 2003.

1. BigTwoHearted

BigTwoHearted LawnSite Member
    from VA (z7)

Does anyone have a current SCAG price list or know where I can find one on the Web? I'm looking for prices on the 36" & 48" Kawi-equipped Hydros, and the Tiger Cub. I've been checking the dealers in the vicinity of Richmond, VA, and have come up with a pretty broad range of prices--all of them seem on the high side. Also would appreciate any feedback from anyone using the aforementioned SCAG mowers.

Thanks!

BTH

2. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Ask about any model you would like off of the Scag line and I have it right here in front of me. Which hydro? the SWZU floating deck or the fixed SWZ. Which model Tiger Cub?

3. BigTwoHearted

from VA (z7)

I believe it's the SWZ 15KA in the hydro. If you have the SW price as well, that'd be great to have also. As for the Tiger Cub, I think I saw them advertised on the SCAG site for 5,999 for the STC48A-19KA (48" deck and a Kawasaki 19 hp).

F.Y.I.: I had pretty much decided to go with thye Gravely Pro series, but the local dealers were not at all helpful. They basically wanted to sell me what they had in stock for list price-plus. Exmark was my second choice and the dealers were a little better, but still unwilling to budge on price. A friend gave me his hard-earned opinion and highest of recommendation: SCAG. Period. I checked them out on the way home yoday and was VERY impressed. However, the dealer seemd to be trying to figure out just how much I could spend max--kind of like buying a car.

It'd be very helpful to at least know what the manufacturer feels these should retail for!

Thanks for the input!

BTH

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

5. BigTwoHearted

from VA (z7)

Many thanks, BushHogBoy. That helps a lot. I take it you are satisfied with your SCAG? Of all the dealers in my area, the SCAG people were the best. My experience has been that the quality of the dealer (read that the service you can expect to receive after the sale) is at least if not more important than the quality of the product.

BTH

6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

My major complaints with my Scag are the lack of deck baffles and that it's underpowered. Both have been fixed with the newer machines. 17hp is the smallest you will find on a 52" hydro and they all have the Advantage decks with baffles unlike mine. The 14hp Kaw does fine if you are only running single blades (not doubles) and if you aren't going to go over 4 1/2 mph with a sulky. Any faster and the engine and deck design can't keep up. As I said, the newer ones shouldn't have that problem and this one does fine as long as you don't try to go too fast. In tall wet spring growth it is noticeably shorter of power. Not a bad machine...

Our Scag dealer is a good one and that should be high on your list, but for me it's not because I do all of my own repairs and buy as many parts as possible from cheaper sources. But when I do deal with them they're good to me.

I'm getting another (used) Scag tomorrow evening (will post pics here) so that should tell you something!

7. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

I haven't seen many scag walk behinds going out with anything less than a 17HP kawi on it in the last year or so.