scag promotion offer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by highlander316, Jun 1, 2011.

1. highlander316

highlander316 LawnSite Senior Member

i heard that Scag has some kind of promotional offer for new buyers (or buying after 5 years) of a Scag machine. Does anybody know about this? My dealer is supposed to get back to me, he thinks it's $500 but wasn't quite sure. Someone else told me 18% (which is huge lol). Trying to find out, supposed to pick up a new Wildcat tomorrow and wanna make sure all my ducks are in a row. Thanks.

2. Bilrus61

Bilrus61 LawnSite Member

Bump to the top! I'm looking at a Scag to replace our grasshopper 721 that is 18 years old and showing it. Always looking for a deal.....any truth to the OP?

3. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Nothing on scags website about that promotion. Sounds good though. Hope it works out for you as scag builds one hell of a machine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. pflasch

pflasch LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I stopped by a Scag dealer to look at the Cheetah and was told "if you are a commercial cutter AND you haven't bought a new scag in the past 5 years the "special" price of he Cheetah would be $9500.00" Not a bad deal!!

I'm not sure if he was just pushing the Cheetah or the same deal exists on the whole product line???

5. highlander316

highlander316 LawnSite Senior Member

ok I found out today before I picked up the mower. It's $500 (I think for every machine) for 2011 models (2010 left-overs from the distributor don't count I think). You could not have bought a new Scag in the past five years and can not have any trade ins (I think those were the two stipulations).

6. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

I just talked to one of my local scag dealers about trading in my tiger cub which I bought new in 05 and he said sometime this week there was supposed to be a scag promotion for the month of june that would be 500 off so the cheetah was right at 10,000 out the door.

7. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

I got the deal on a tt big block. Fleet pricing on one unit, which was 20% off list. 9k out the door.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

That is what I was offered last month, but ended up buying another Gravely. Would have made the Cheetah about $9,300 through my dealer, if I remember correctly.

9. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

That is correct. Funny thing is I bought a vride last year but still got the offer. Mower hasn't needed any warranty work so it was not registered yet.
    Posted via Mobile Device