1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Scag Representation

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by O P M, Aug 26, 2003.

1. O P M

O P M LawnSite Member

Scag is really missing the boat here as far as customer awareness ........ and customer service. They should be represented on this forum.

I was reading with interest the thread below titled "Scag doesn't care". I recently bought a Scag (last week) and like the machine AND the dealer. As a matter of dealers, that was the main reason I went with Scag. JOE'S POWER CENTER is a wealth of information, knowledge, and customer service.

Now....... Scag. In the past month I have e-mailed Scag Corporation from their website a couple times. Their responses appear to be from a person on a lunch break at the moment or a 12 year old, I am not sure which.

Maybe they don't care?

I just hope my dealer never goes away that I would be stuck with Scag alone.
  2. Tx Firefighter

Tx Firefighter LawnSite Member

I've been in email contact with Scag 4 or 5 times, with exceptional results every time.

The Scag guy's name is Chris Frame. He is very helpful and knowlegable.
  3. O P M

O P M LawnSite Member

Same guy....... maybe I asked the wrong questions?
  4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Chris was always helpful and nice to me. Our Scag dealer is the best in the county. Lots of Scags in use, eXmark is coming in big but still more Scags than anything else.
  5. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Eric, then why did you say that Scag wasn't a real mower, if they were giving you good service? Double talk ...
  6. thill

thill LawnSite Member

My one contact with SCAG via email received a concise and prompt reply.

Have had to reason to "test the dealer" yet.

I have about 400 hours on a new Tiger Cub 48 and have been very pleased with the quality of cut, ease of operation, and ease of maintenance and adjustments.

7. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

opinion or fact?
  8. 44toy

44toy LawnSite Member

I had a problem with jungle wheels after they found out the negative publicity they where reciving from my post on message boards they became very coperative. the big problem was i had lost my recipt (i dont need to her "thats why you always keep recipts" 1000 more times.) but after they looked at about 188 views to my post in one day they were very interested in going the extra mile.
  9. 16 year old who don't know any better, you decide.

E-MAIL :confused: You got to be kidding me. I have a problem, el` telephone will be ringing.
  10. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Scag has always gone out on a limb for me when something has gone wrong, my fault or not. My dealer who is the largest scag dealer in the state has always done me right. That is all that I have is scag and they have been great mowers. But I demoed a super z not to long ago and loved it, will I buy another scag? who knows.