SCAG, snapper, toro, wright....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Garden Path, Jul 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garden Path

Garden Path LawnSite Member

We use Scag's. I am looking for opinions on what you use, and what is the best out on the market. Give me advantages and disadvantages. We think SCAG's are the best mower that we have ever used. so if you can please give me soem input.
    http://www.thegardenpathlawnservice.com

2. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

i used to live in hamilton .
    most lco that had scaggs on there trailors now have exmark or toro. exmark and dixies are lawn sites faverite .
    i have a greatdane chariot got it for $5.000 25 hr demo with full warranty .
    if i had to buy another mower it would be a exmark there is alot of good talk about them on lawnsite.
    were did you get your scagg theres one place that stoped selling them
    and switched to ferris but i rarly see a ferris on a trailer

3. Garden Path

Garden Path LawnSite Member

we used to use snapper mowers, and compared to scag there is no comparison. I have also used a exmark,and i will put my scag up to anyone and there exmark. I can make a better looking cut and a much better strip. We got our scag's at klei mower on colerain ave.
    http://www.thegardenpathlawnservice.com

4. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

that is a pretty bold statement to say your Scag can cut better & stripe better than anyones exmark. I too use scag & am very happy with the cut, but I would not go so far to say my scag has a better cut than any exmark. Also, I bet you do feel there is no comparison with Snapper, but dont include other brands with your dissatisfaction with snapper.

SJR

5. dhicks

dhicks Member

We use Hustler Hydro W/B and a Toro Z-255 which will soon be traded in on a Hustler Super-Z. The Hustler W/B is pure grade A tank material and will out cut the Toro Z. The striping capabilities are much better on the Hustler. I love my Toro but the Hustler is a better machine.

6. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I run a 36'' dual hydro scag WB and it has been GREAT!!!!!As far as other brands go I have never used any so I can say anything bad about them.

7. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

:p Ive used scag,toro and Snapper 52s Hydros and my best cutting walkbehind is the Snapper it out stripes my scag and cuts much better, I do run doubles on it and also on the scag, But those pistol grips are so uncomfortable i love Snappers Loop Steering its the best, and i have one with over 4600hrs and only reg maintaince 16hp Vanguard with no problems its a 93 brought it new. Marks Mowing Service

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I figured out yesterday how to make a scag cut great. Run 2 of them, one behind another. That is was I saw, I guess when the 1st one plows it down, the other one can give it a finished look. Good luck at getting a scag to out do an exmark.

9. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Listen,

Everyone is going to have what they think is the perfect mower. That's why they bought it.

It doesn't do anyone any good to trade personal insults, so lets put the smart remarks to rest.

Note: the post has since been removed, but I'll leave this here as a little reminder to all of us to keep it nice ;)

10. crs

crs LawnSite Member

AMEN :angel:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.