SCAG Striping Kit Installation

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by crhoades68, Apr 5, 2010.

1. crhoades68

crhoades68 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I feel like an idiot but need help. I bought the SCAG Striping Kit but didn't want to pay the dealer to install (How hard could it be?). Well ... I think the manual is just about worthless.

I'm installing it on a Turf Tiger and the attachment points are not obvious to me. :confused:

Please help!!! I would appreciate anything you can tell me.

2. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

First question is how many pieces do you have? Ideally you should have the roller with the mounting brackets and then you should have the 2 mounts that you place on the mower itself. If you look underneath the backend you should see a small v bar that runs across. Thsi is where you mount the 2 mounts with the holes that the cotter pins go in. Dont tighten them up all the way as you will need to line up the striper with them. The striper should have the female brackets attached to it that you slide on the male ends and then place the cotter pins. I hope this help I know its kinda generic. If you could be more specific maybe we can get you through it.

3. crhoades68

crhoades68 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Mike,

Thanks for the help! Your information was exactly what I needed. Oh, those beautiful stripes!

Thanks again!

4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Good explanation Mike. I was thinking of a way to explain it myself.

I could snap a pic of the lower back part of my Tiger Cub if you'd like. I have the striper kit installed. LMK

This will give you an idea of what to look forward too. :D

[​IMG]

5. Pat'sPerfectLawnService

Pat'sPerfectLawnService LawnSite Senior Member

Those strips look great
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ALC-GregH

from PA

I'd prefer better. I'm working on it though. :D thanks

This was done without the kit.

[​IMG]

7. ALC-GregH

from PA

One more. I maintain a few farms. Striper kit was on when I took this pic. They rent the barn out for parties, weddings and stuff like that and really liked how nice I make it look. :)

I also made up a set of magnetic signs with this same pic as the back ground. (Owner said he didn't mind at all.)

[​IMG]

8. Pat'sPerfectLawnService

Pat'sPerfectLawnService LawnSite Senior Member

yea, those stripes look a little bit better :jester: Thumbs Up

9. Hoy landscaping

Hoy landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

BE CAREFUL BACKING UP!!! i bent mine on a sidewalk last week. doesn't really effect the stripe at all but still you don't want to bend it. i tried to bend it back but no luck. watch when you turn near a sidewalk, if you get too close it can catch on the sidewalk and bend. also its not covered on warranty.

10. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

No problem, Glad you could get something out of my description.;)