1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Scag Striping kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greasy_gun, May 21, 2004.

1. greasy_gun

greasy_gun LawnSite Senior Member

anyone have the new striping kit from scag?

looks like it is a very well designed.

wondering if it will adapt to a hustler mini-z,52" deck???

any thoughts appreciated
  2. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

wow thats one of the nicest factory stripe kits i've seen. my gravely stripe kit was a flap of rubber, $52 from dealer and guess what, it does jack sh!T. that thing looks like it was designed and built very well!
  3. bwallen149

bwallen149 LawnSite Member

Hey Greasy, I have the stripe kit on my tiger cub. It is a very well designed and built roller. It is spring loaded so it follows the contours of the ground very well. It can be removed in under a minute. The only problem I have with it is that If you put the mower in a dip it can prop the drive tires up off the ground. I have had to get off and swing the front of the mower another direction a couple of times. It is also expensive, my dealer sold me mine for i think $275. I have no idea about adapting to a hustler mini-z. The roller has two brakets that attach to a piece of round steel under the mower. The roller then attaches to the braket with pins. On the link you attached if you look at the top picture of just the striping roller there are two brackets that kinda stick up. Those two brackets have about a 1" hole in them that slide over a piece of solid steel tubing (the brackets attached to the mower) and then you just put a pin in them. Probably not very clear, if you want I could snap a couple of pictures when i get a chance.
  4. greasy_gun

thanks guys:)
    bwallen, yes i would like to see the pics, if u get a chance please.

thank u
  5. greasy_gun

6. bwallen149

Hey Greasy, sorry i have not got those pics up yet. I did get them taken, just have not had a chance to get them downloaded. I am going out of town this weekend, but i will get them to you first of next week...
  7. bwallen149

scag striping roller pics.

8. bwallen149

brakets attach to mower with u-bolts.

9. bwallen149

The wheel does an excellent job in my opinion. I will get some pics of the stripes soon. The only flaw I see, and it has been mentioned by someone else is that when you load it on the trailer or get in a deep dip it will prop the drive wheels up pff the ground. If the wheels were a little smaller or the was more clearence on the mower it would help. I don't think this is even an issue on the turf tigers, just cubs and wildcats.
  10. grasscutter122003

grasscutter122003 LawnSite Member
    from georgia

I have the kit on my 48" cub. I'm trying to get the mount kit from scag so that I can move the roller from one mower to the other. My dealer claims he can't get the parts. I'm going to make a kit. It works great but it does contact the ground when loading. But speed is the key. I haven't used it on my 61" yet. It has an inch or two more clearance. Bigger tires.:)