Scag suspension seat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JLC, Jun 6, 2001.

1. JLC

JLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Is anyone using this? Is it worth buying? What is the cost? Something has got to be better than the seat that is on there. At this rate I won't be able to mow in 10 years because my back will be shot.

Ben

2. boba

boba LawnSite Member

The cost is $650. According to my dealer not a big difference over the standard seat.

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

ARE WE YO UNDERSTAND THAT THE SCAG Z IS THAT ROUGH REDING UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES,OR ARE THERE OTHER FACTORS.LATER

4. sdwally

sdwally LawnSite Senior Member

When we week long tests between Scag & Exmark, our operator preferred the std Scag seat over the Exmark Deluxe Suspension seat. Some comments were softer ride and more comfortable. The suspension seat was an option that was not on the demo unit.

5. JLC

JLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

I don't have the delux seat, mine is a 1999. They offered a better seat in 2000, and now the suspension seat this year. I think it rides pretty rough, but have nothing to compare it to.

6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

now to what you can do to prevent back going .
    touch your toes 15 times a day twice a day.
    do 10 leg raisers twice a day. an ounce of prevention an all
    yuo got get support to the vertebra. later

7. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Don't know about the suspension seat but the upgraded seat that they offered in 2000 is a great seat and it is much better than the old seat and it is half the price of the suspension seat.