Scag throws helper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bond's Lawn Keepers, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Bond's Lawn Keepers

Bond's Lawn Keepers LawnSite Member

I own a scag courgar, Mowing a lawn last week my courgar scag throw my helper off the mower. The mower is real light in the back. So if you hit a hole the mower start bouncing like a wild bull. So he hit a hole and it throw him off the mower. He did not get hurt (thank God). The mower shut off soon as he left the seat.

Have anyone had this problem with a cougar

2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Never used a cougar but it seems like a real dangerous problem!

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like you should put some rocks in his pocket to add some weight to him. He must only weigh in at 50 lbs.

4. 44toy

44toy LawnSite Member

Me and a friend mow two yards that meet each other in the back. We "drag race" each other down the back stretch for fun ( I know this is not professional, but I get board real quick.)
    As we raced down the back stretch his bobcat w-b was beginning to pull my bunton. Suddenly his mower stopped and he went flying over the handle bars and wound up sitting on the ground in front of it. I wheeled around to see what the heck he was doing. He had no idea what happened? The problem was a limb for a tree he cut down had driven into the ground, and he had cut it of level rather than get the truck and pull it out. But it seems his deck must have been lower than normal, caught the limb and stopped the mower.
    No bad injures to mower but a very nice zeroes copy of the handlebar controls in black and blue on his stomach. I know this is not cougar story, but was funny after the fact. Never heard anything about it from either home owners, but still can see him going flying over handle bars.

5. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

as I often tell my 10 yr old son GROW UP

6. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I never had my skag throw me off but I tried several times to throw my skag as far as I could. I found that if you tie it to the bumper of a big Ford, then drive th ford in a tight circle and run the skag over a small ramp, you can get that POS skag to go almost 200 feet.

7. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

Time for a seat belt!

8. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Iv never seen it but I have heard that complaint from a friend of mine that had to use the cougars once. His exact words the things a death trap and I tend to agree iv seen first hand the same problem with the Great Dane super surfer they hit a bump then begin to jump back an forth violently. I would guess from an engineer standpoint the wheelbase must be to short. Perhaps for safety its time you move up to the tiger. I know I will stick to my lazer getting beat up by my mower doesnÂ’t sound to fun to me.

9. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

OUCH!!!!

Admit it, you had just come back from a parade (mardi gras for you yankees) and you were drunk while mowing. LOL

10. Bond's Lawn Keepers

Bond's Lawn Keepers LawnSite Member

Well no drinking was going on. This mower is a nighmare. I own three exmark, looks like going to buy another exmark and hook this scag to my f350 and yes sling it into the lake. Just to see if it swims lol. You know all of the engineers should have figue this out but i guess this one was to much for them.
    My helper weighs about 230lbs, 6'4, So if this throws him off just think what it would do to someone that is smaller.