1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Scag Tiger Cat or Hustler X1

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cottywoe, Sep 23, 2012.

1. cottywoe

cottywoe LawnSite Member

Just wondering what are some pro and cons of these two mowers, and which would you buy? Did a lot of research on comparing the two, just want some feedback form people who use these mowers? Going Wednesday to purchase, Birthday gift to myself lol Sept. 26

2. chagh2.0

chagh2.0 LawnSite Member

both are really good mowers but I would go with the scag tc its a awesome mower

3. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I say scag.

4. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Would suggest going with the mower with the biggest engine, deck and suspension! :cool2:

5. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

The scag deck is pretty proven, I would say you should demo them both. I would go with the most power IMO. What prices are you looking at ?

6. cottywoe

cottywoe LawnSite Member

Any where from $7,500- 8,500
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Check out a Toro, Should be able to role out with an unused mower, top of line for like $7500.

8. MGV

MGV LawnSite Member

I don't have TC I have TT's but also have Hustlers. IMO the TT's cut better, disperse grass clippings better and stripe better than the Hustler. The Hustler rides better with the flex forks but if you go to fast you can scalp the lawn with them. Overall both are good, just think the scag is a little better.