Scag Tiger Cat reviews anyone?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Mar 5, 2012.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

2. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

You can also include tiger cub as its the same thing.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. highlander316

highlander316 LawnSite Senior Member

yes, what do you want to know?

4. GMLC

Just curious what you like and don't like. I'm looking at a 2012 with a bagging system.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. highlander316

highlander316 LawnSite Senior Member

which model exactly? I have a 2011 61" with the 27HP Kohler. I also have the 3-bag bagger for it. The mower has enough power to turn the bagger, even when wet. The tube on the bagger was too long, so I had to cut it down (it sagged and wet grass would get stuck). I don't care of the mounting of the blower unit, it's heavy as **** and not as easy to un-tension the belt as another brand, like an Exmark.

The mower itself I've had no problems with. The only thing I wish the mower had was a hydro cooler. If you are doing lots of hills, the hydro fluid gets real hot and performance suffers a little. I get good fuel usage also, 10 gallons would be nice instead of the 8 though.

6. GMLC

52" with kawi 24 hp I believe. I do have a lot of hills though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

what do u guys think about using a scag tiger cat for resedential cutting but as a commercial mower... I want to have a good commmercial mower such as a scagbut for now I am using a cub cladet 50 inch cut on my yards...Thanks

8. RTR Landscaping

RTR Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

The Scag Tiger Cat is a great mower. I've got 2 with 52" and Kohler engines. The Velocity decks leave a beautiful cut. I don't bag, but they do offer 2 different types of bagging systems. I use the Hurricane mulching kits on mine.
    I've owned a lot of Scags and they have never let me down.

9. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

i know this was not my thread but thanks lol

10. Procut lawn expert

Procut lawn expert LawnSite Member

i love them i have run them the last ten years . buying two more this week they will be here friday i have two 61s and a 48 walk behind getting two 72s all have kawasaki 29hp i love them if you are thinking about trying one do it