1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Scag Tiger Cat

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by TMAC669, Dec 5, 2012.

1. TMAC669

TMAC669 LawnSite Member
    from N/A

I know how you guys like pictures so I'm posting a pic of the latest addition to the family. You won't believe what I paid for this baby with only 17 hours on it.

View attachment 2012-12-04 16.05.53.jpg

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

nice mower.

3. baseball9074

baseball9074 LawnSite Member

What'd you pay for it if you don't mind me asking? Also, what engine does that thing have?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. TMAC669

TMAC669 LawnSite Member
    from N/A

Thanks for the compliment on the mower. I wasn't ready to buy a mower right now but the moon and the stars lined up and I picked this baby up for $5k. Unfortunately the guy I bought it from needed some cash and lucky for me to be in a position to take it off his hands. This was a deal I couldn't pass on. It has a 24hp Kawasaki engine. The weather was so nice yesterday I even got a chance to cut my parents lawn with it.

5. baseball9074

baseball9074 LawnSite Member

Nice mower and a good deal on it
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a good buy. Definitely a nice machine. I owned a Scag Tiger Cub once. Bought it brand new for $7,700 in early 2008. It was a left over from 2007 that they never sold. Mine had a 48" deck with the 19hp Kaw. Never had a problem with it. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. Scags are very solid mowers and leave a great cut. Congrats on your find!

7. TMAC669

TMAC669 LawnSite Member
    from N/A

Thanks again for the compliment. I have been wanting a Scag for awhile now and this one just happened to come along. I felt for the guy selling it. I He paid $8k a few months ago for the machine. The mower is still under warranty and both tanks were full of gas. I'm ready for some accessories now like a stripe kit and a bagger.

8. TMAC669

TMAC669 LawnSite Member
    from N/A

The 52' will compliment my 32' that I bought this spring.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  9. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Good looking machine, and an even better deal man.:clapping:

10. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

How do you like the Grasshoppers compared to Scag overall?