Scag Tiger Chute Blocker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ed2hess, Jul 31, 2007.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I am looking for simple chute blocker......quikchute and exchute too complicated and lot of stuff that will get knocked off. I mulch 95% with the permanent plate on so I don't need something that is electric or operated from the seat just something simple that I can get off seat and actuate. Sure which I had a welder it would be a simple project. Oh I did a search but those two seemed to be coming up a lot.

2. weeble67

weeble67 LawnSite Senior Member

I know you stated your not looking for a power operated discharge chute. But when it comes to OCDC's I have to brag mine up I love it. I bought the Power Chute Design for my Exmark. I have nothing bad to say. I only wish Exmark would have installed it from the factory.

3. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

real simple instead of the bolts and nuts that hold your plate on use studs and quick release pins. the same pins they use on hight adjustments on walk behinds

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Yea ....I should use some of my engr skills....Scag uses one the holding bolts to hold the damper in place...it is adjustable. Scag also has a skid plate built into the outlet blocker that helps you get over the apex of the gate. When you remove the Scag chute blocker the deck edge can snag the gate when backing down and tear something up....that is main reason none of the blockers are really useable.