scag tiger cub 24 honda 52 inch cut

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jathames, Jun 3, 2008.

1. jathames

jathames LawnSite Member

Guys got a call from a dealer who just got a trade in on a scag tiger cub 24 Honda 52 inch cut with 200 hours I believe the deck is the advantage. or a Cub cadet Tank with a 23 kawi 48 inch cut 100 hours either for $5200... Any feedback will be appreciated......

Jeff

2. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I would get the Scag hands down. Great reputation also with the Honda engine. I think the 52" and the Honda would be an excellent combination. "Simply the Best"

3. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

we sell the 24/52 Tiger Cub for $8400. You can get it for how cheap??

4. 1st Choice

1st Choice LawnSite Member

go with the scag.. hands down

5. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

Buy the Scag, it's not even close.

6. 1st Choice

1st Choice LawnSite Member

I have both a cub and a scag... my cub has just over 100 hrs i think... take the scag its really not close at all

7. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

The local Hustler dealer pushes that 24hp Honda in their Super Zs and that's all they push as far as engine options go. It's a great engine and the Tiger Cub is built on a superbly designed chassis. They use the exact same chassis on Wildcat. I think they even used it on the Z Cat before it went away. It's a design that has been around for years and is more than proven.

Double check that the Scag doesn't have the Velocity Plus. Either deck is a good choice though.

8. jathames

jathames LawnSite Member

That was my next question...how good is the older deck.. I think it is called the advantage ? I know it is not the velocity because it is a 2006 model with only 200 hours!

Jeff

9. Integritylawncare

Integritylawncare LawnSite Member

I just bought an identical machine with a grass catcher same hours and motor for 6k. love it.

10. jathames

jathames LawnSite Member

How is the advantage deck????