Scag tiger cub and doubles

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bart may, Apr 18, 2004.

1. bart may

bart may LawnSite Senior Member
    from montana

I just got my new 19/48 tiger cub. We are just starting mowing this year so the grass wasn't very deep. I found that it was blowing out chunks of grass even though it wasn't that deep. I took off the baffle system to accomodate deeper grass and still had some trouble. Would doubles solve this problem? I don't know if it just the new lush growth or something else. I'm trying this mower instead of my toros which don't clump at all in deep stuff. I was hoping that the scag would produce finer clippings though, which I can see it already does. Any advice on the clumping problem would be appreciated.

2. bart may

bart may LawnSite Senior Member
    from montana

Sorry guys I accidently put on the wrong forum, could someone change this for me?

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

mine clumped a lil this am but i was cutting a heavy dew and the grass had a lot of clover in it, plus the new growth has alot of moisture in it. I think it will be fine after I cut everyone the 2nd time around and the grass is more level and uniform