Scag Tiger Cub Electrical Problems

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Gary Abel, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Gary Abel

Gary Abel LawnSite Member

My tiger cub will not begin to start. I have continuity at all of the safety swtiches and the pto will engage. Would the module be out? I have voltage on everything but the blue wire coming out of the module. When I use the ignition switch in the start position, I don't have power going to my solonoid.

Any thoughts.

Gary

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Gary, It would be nice to know what engine is on this unit.

Put your meter pos. lead on the 'S' post on the back of the ignition switch, The neg. to any good ground. Turn it to start position and see if you have voltage on that post.

If you don't but you have voltage to everything else it could be a bad ignition switch.

If you do have voltage on this post did you check the pto switch ? In most is a safety switch incorporated into it that would prevent start-up if the pto is on.

The only other thing I can come up with right now is a break in the solenoid activation wire someplace.

3. Gary Abel

Gary Abel LawnSite Member

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention it is a Kawasaki 21 hp. All of the safety switches have continuity. I will check the PTO switch since that is also connected to the blue wire from the module. If it is normally closed, I will check continuity. If I don't have, I will jumper the wires out and see if it will start.