scag tiger cub engine options

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jathames, May 31, 2008.

1. jathames

jathames LawnSite Member

For all you Scag Tiger Cub fans is the 19 hp Kawi a good choice? I ca get the 23 hp but it is $700 more and the scags have gone up a lot in this area...cub 19 48 $7100..23 $7800....I am going to run the new hurricane mulch kit

Jeff

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I paid $7200 for my Tiger Cub with a 61/25, folding ROPS, "Quick Fit" handles and the suspension seat! :) He threw in a extra set of blades.

3. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

WOW that is a STEAL!

4. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

the 19hp is a little beast! It puts out around 36 lb-ft of torque IIRC. For mulching, I'm not sure of its performance. It wouldn't hurt to have 23hp. Have you denied either?

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We got lucky and got one in February....guess that had a pretty big reason to move some stuff fast.

6. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

they had to order it. I got it 5 days later.
    I forgot to add, he included a ChuteMaster OCDC as well but it hasn't come in yet.
    After buying a Cub Cadet and having serious problems with not one, but two mowers, I think he really wants to make sure I'm satisfied and happy.

7. 1st Choice

1st Choice LawnSite Member

Took delivery of my tiger cub friday... with 19 hp its plenty of motor... mower some 3 ft stuff this morning and had hvy dew on it did a better job that a 23 kohler commander on a cu cadet....