Scag Tiger cub, Exmark, or Toro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jathames, May 17, 2008.

1. jathames

jathames LawnSite Member

I am looking to add a machine to our fleet and wanted to get you guys opinion! I can get the Tiger cub 19 hp kawi 48 inch deck.. out the door for $7400.... The exmark 19 hp 46 inch deck out the door for $6617 and the toro 23 hp 48inch turbo force for $8300.. I am sorta torn between the Scag and the Exmark... I am going to try and demo both ... Scag is offering o% financing for 36 months and Exmark is offering 3.9% for 36 months which makes the monthly payments about the same.. Any suggestions would be helpful.. Thanks:cool2:
  2. bladecutter582

bladecutter582 LawnSite Member

I have a Turf Tiger but my best friend sold me on Scags and he has the Cub. He simply can't tear it up and has given him four years of flawless service.
  3. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

scag! "simply the best" as they say it!.. me too! :dancing:
  4. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

All 3 our Great mowwers The sacg Velocity deck is a good deck ! as well as Exmarks. Iam not sure about the Turbo-force on the 48
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

Exmark does not make a 46"...they do however make a 48"

I love my 48" Turf Tracer HP so much I can't stop thinking about it. I can't believe the difference between the Exmark Viking and the Turf Tracer....

If your mowing a lot of real thick or wet grass...I hear the Scag Dominates. Otherwise, you can't beat the cut of the Exmark.

One more thing, the controls. The Exmarks ECS controls are IMO the most responsive and comfortable out there.
  6. cuttin-up

cuttin-up LawnSite Member

I have a Toro 23hp Kaw 48" deck great machine, so the Toro gets my vote! All are good machines so buy from the dealer you like the best, the prices have really gone up I purchased my Toro in 2006 and paid $6400, now I see you have a price of $8400 does that include a bagger?
  7. Lawn Pawn

Lawn Pawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from zone 3

Just bought a new TC with a 25 Kohler. It is so nice!! Needless to say it cuts great... that's a given. But look at how they are made! How easy they are to work on and service. Everything is straight forward and makes sense. Dealers are great.. call the factory and they are super to answer questions too, always have time to talk to me. I DO NOT know anything about the other mowers but Scag builds magnificent machines.