1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

scag tiger cub mulch kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnjockey56, Dec 6, 2006.

1. lawnjockey56

lawnjockey56 LawnSite Member

looking for feedback from those who HAVE used this kit-i know alot of you guys use just the block plate as i do currently-i just wanna hear from those who have them and use them on 48 inch tiger cub velocity decks-especially in florida
  2. scagman52

scagman52 LawnSite Senior Member

Lawnjockey56...I have the mulch kit on a 48" Advantage deck and it works real good. It does wet grass ok as long as it is under 5" tall but you have to clean out under the deck between jobs. I am thinking of installing one of those chutes that you can close at anytime you want. I have about 35 accounts and only about 10 of them need to be mulched. I really can't see mulching an acre of grass and that is why I'm thinking about it. I'm on the central west coast of Florida. I thought about the plate too, but it would be a pita putting it on and taking it off. Just my opinion!:usflag:
  3. lawnjockey56

ty for the info scagman52
  4. lynn

lynn LawnSite Member
    from fl

am in springhill,If you are interested I have an ocdc for the Scag.
    Let me know.
  5. lawnjockey56

what is an ocdc lol excuse my ignorance
  6. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Tiger Cub with the advantage deck and have used the mulch kit. I think just using the discharge cover does as good as the kit. I also have a Turf Tiger with the Velocity deck and use the discharge cover and gator blades. I only mulch leaves. I tried using the mulch kit when cutting grass but the deck on the Cub would clog easily. If the grass was dry (no dew) it might do better.
  7. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have the mulch kit for my 52" cub. Works great on leaves. Works fair on grass, but discharging and double cutting works better. I'm concidering shortning the blade spacers and running doubles this spring. I also have the 61" volocity deck and bought the huricane mulch kit for it but haven't installed it yet. I'll use it for late summer grass and leaves next year, but I won't try to mulch spring growth again. Too much time spent cleaning the deck.
  8. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

To lawnjockey56.....Operator Controlled Discharge Cover. It is a movable, rigid flap we use to selectively block the side discharge chute. Usually with a handle/lever operated from the seat of a rider or operator of a walkbehind. Comes in handy to keep clippings from mulch beds, driveways....you know, those areas. Several companys make them. Hope this helps....
  9. scagman52

scagman52 LawnSite Senior Member

LYNN in spring hill... I' interested...what is the price? Will it fit a 2006 tiger cub? email me at highlandcoins@hotmail.com
  10. lawnjockey56

put the hurrican kit on today and what a difference-i mowed 12 of my thickest yards with a fraction of th edust and a much better cut-its like night and day-well spent money