Scag Tiger Cub or Exmark Z hp

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jathames, May 25, 2008.

1. jathames

jathames LawnSite Member

Alright guys these are what it is down to. Scag Tiger Cub 19 hp kawi 48 or the Exmark z hp 19 kawi 46 inch triton.. The tiger is around 7100 and the exmark around 6700 the scag financing is o % for 36 and the exmark is 3.9 so in real money they are going to be right around the same money ..... Any help will be appreciated.. Thanks

2. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it depends if you mulch or not. Imo, the Exmark is a better mulching mower than the Scag. That being said, the Scag is bullet proof and built like a tank. The Exmark is a close second. Just my .02

3. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

what kind of grass will you be cutting??

4. jathames

jathames LawnSite Member

Bermuda, zoysia and some weed yards....

5. C4chris70

C4chris70 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not sure that is such a good price on the Scag. I just purchased the 48 inch Tiger Cub with the 19 Kawi for $5995.00. I know prices vary by region, however we are fairly close.

6. jathames

jathames LawnSite Member

Chris do you know if you can still get it for this price?? Is this out the door? It may be worth me driving down and getting one for that price. Would you recommend this mower over the exmark?

Jeff

7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Are you cutting very small lot's? I would have to demo there in Alabama before I could recommend one. Both great machines, a bit smaller than I'm used to.

8. jathames

jathames LawnSite Member

anyone else to chime in

Jeff

9. pedro

pedro LawnSite Member

go orange tough as nails

10. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have a tiger cub and its a great mower, nice cut and reliable too, never used an exmark though........Scag alll the way

wayne