scag tiger cub owners. 19hp kawasaki

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by milo, Apr 17, 2006.

1. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a cub with 100 hours on it and the throttle lever is so hard to slow the idle down. it has to be pushed back perty fast to get it ro move the lever so the idle goes low to shut it off. my question is are all of them like this???? i have put a new throttle cable on it and checked the linkage and everything is fine its just when the linkage is locked in at the high speed idle and you go to move the lever the spring on the linkage is perty tuff and i wanted to know if this is common on them or if mine is messed up.. any help great.

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Tiger Cub and dont have that problem. In fact I had two just sold my oldest Cub (never had that problem) and bought a Turf Tiger. It sounds like the part of the throttle cable that goes to the engine might need adjusting.

3. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

did they both have the 19hp kawasaki on it???

4. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Both were 19 Kawasaki's and 48's.

5. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the 19hp kawasaki never had that problem

6. SEKscag

SEKscag LawnSite Member

I've got a 48/19 cub and a 61/27 wildcat. Never had either problem. Throttle control on the cub is excellent.

7. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We have a wildcat and never had that problem try a little wd 40:confused:

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We got a cub with Kohler on it and it doesn't operate freely either. But I would look for even routing of the cable, no sharp curves. And as mentioned put lube on both ends, about all you can do. Oh, blow the dust out of top of the carb where the cables attach and lub those rotating parts.