Scag Tiger Cub

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jathames, May 30, 2008.

1. jathames

jathames LawnSite Member

Can anyone tell me if Scag is still doing the o % financing for 36 months it was on there website and has now dissappeared. Only Sheffield is on there and no good deals. I could have sworn that the o % offer was through July 31st. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

HURRY HURRY,scags sell ends tomorrow not all dealers are honoring the sell....
  3. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

yep it ends tomorrow and there are some catches to the 0%. The first one being that if you don't have extremely good credit (I've been told over 750 credit score to have a shot at getting approved) you won't be approved. Also, the fee to the dealer for using the 0% financing is so high that many dealers are a) not offering it at all b) not offering the same discounts off of distributor list price they normally would (there is no real MSRP for scag, the regional distributors set their own msrp for dealers in their distribution area), c) the dealer passes the cost on to the customer as a separate bill. The manufacturers and finance companies fail to realize that they can't expect the dealer to eat the entire cost of financing and still expect them to be profitable enough to stay in business and continue selling their product. Most dealers want to offer their customers a good price, but the manufcaturers and distributorso are making that harder and harder to the point that with some lines, no matter how good the product is, it makes no financial sense to carry those lines if you want to stay in business for an extended period of time.