Scag Tiger Cub

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jathames, Jun 1, 2008.

1. jathames

jathames LawnSite Member

Anybody out there running the tiger cub with the 23 hp Kaw

2. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

if they had them when I bought mine it would have one on it. If you can afford it buy it if not the 19 will serve you well.

3. jathames

jathames LawnSite Member

Tandm I will be running a mulch kit almost the entire time around here... Will the 19 still be ok...

4. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

Uh the 19kaw and the 23kaw are the same engine! The only diffrence is the throttle stop!

5. jathames

jathames LawnSite Member

Green King... please explain

6. jrush

jrush LawnSite Member

I have the cub with the 26 kohler and I don't think its enough, hell my 48 is the 15hp and thats o.k, but it doesnt pull me around either. Goin up hill the thing really struggles, ya, I have the collection system on (no bags) but still, no way would I even consider a 19. Mine isnt even 5 months old and I wish I got the bigger engine, but it works... for now.

7. milike

milike LawnSite Member
    from MI

I was looking at the same one...hopeing 26 hp is not overkill

8. CARNEYM

CARNEYM LawnSite Member

I have a tiger cub bought new 5 years ago. It never had power; I was always disappointed with it. This year the intake hose had came loose and got trash in carb. I took it to a local dealer and mention about not having power. He said that some of the 19 kaw. had problems with carb not opening far enough, don't know what he did but man what a difference. Like a different machine. I finally love this mower after 5 years of use.

9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

i have two. a tiger cub 62 with the 25 kawi and a 52" wildcat with the same engine.

the larger deck struggles when it wets/thick on fescue. but the 52 runs just fine. we do have an ocdc but it is not set up for mulching (ie baffles, ect

we have had minor problems with the stamped steel split pulleys breaking and chewing belts but with close to a 1000 hours on each machine with no major problems......

10. jrush

jrush LawnSite Member

this post is a YEAR old, chances are the guy who asked the question has made a decision by now. :dizzy: