scag tiger cub

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnrangers, May 25, 2003.

1. lawnrangers

lawnrangers LawnSite Member

does anyone like these little machines? what are pros & cons?
    i have 3 cub tanks -48,54,60 which i like very much,but the seat height is killing me...i demoed the tiger cub and was very impressed..whats going price? my dealer said 7199 for a 61 inch,25hp kawi,but no donaldson air filtration..

2. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

I love mine. I have not found a con yet except maybe a liquid-cooled option.

Jimbo

Check out my recent post "14" high grass/ weeds", and see my photos.

3. lawnrangers

thx jimbo,can i ask why you got the liquid cooled instead of the air cooled,i mean pricve diff...

4. CO.d 502nd

CO.d 502nd Banned

lawn rangers that is a very good price ,i gave 7100 for a 23 horse 52 inch tiger cub.

Ive been impressed by the cub to and i like that the steering controls aint wimpy .

If you get it bump the rpms up to 3750 mine came stock with the rpms set at 3600 to 3640.

Id also put synthectic oil in the hydro to.

What jimbo was saying about the liquid cooled motor is scag dont offer the option of a liquid cooled motor on the cub yet.

5. lawnrangers

will it lay good stripes? i used to have a scag-with the baja deck
    ,it did not stripe good..

6. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

The older Scag cub styles had the liquid cooled Kohler motor option. Then when redesigned they didn't offer it anymore. I love my cub. Anyone demo the 61" Cub yet and if so how was it?

7. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

i dont understand why someone would pay 7200 for a cub when they could spend 800-1000 more and get a full blown Turf Tiger.

8. Wasuellc

Wasuellc LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I just bought a cub after having problems with my yazoo/kees mini max. The cub is a better machine. Why the minis? Because they fit beeter on some of my small propertys and on my small trailer.

9. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a Tiger Cub this year. ( 48" and 19 hp. Kawasaki) This is my first rider. It was easy to learn. Beautiful cut. I get alot of compliments on the cut. It has been back to the dealer two times and has another problem. The belt that drives the bagger shredded and the driven pulley for the hydro pump fell off. The blade by the discharge chute is impossible to get off. The pulley that drives the bagger is in the way. I don't know if it was installed wrong or it loosened and walked its way up. Other than that it's a great machine.
    Matt

10. Speedy

Speedy LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I thought I saw an ad on the Scag web site where they were offering Tiger Cubs for $ 5999.00