Scag Tiger Cub ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BOTURF, Dec 1, 2003.

1. BOTURF

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

I am on the verge of buying a tiger cub with the 52" deck and 24 horse honda to replace one of my 48" ulitimate walk behinds, my question is this.............. will i be happy with the honda engine and the mower in general. Iam so looking forward to being able to sit down on some of the larger lawns ( 2 and 3 acree lawns ) and be able to rest a little ( iam a solo lco) instead of riding on the velke and wearing my legs out .

2. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

Talked w/ my dealer when I bought my Tiger Cub about the Honda engines. He said they're nice but parts will run you more for them and they are relatively new to the game as far as Z engines so I went w/ the Kaw

3. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Honda 24hp on a Hustler Z 60" and it does a good job. It should do well on a 52" also. I can't speak for the mower though, never owned a Scag.

4. Jim Feder

Jim Feder LawnSite Member

WE

5. Jim Feder

Jim Feder LawnSite Member

WE HAVE A 48" CUB WITH A 21 KAW AND LOVE IT ITS A GREAT MOWER WE RUN ALL SCAG. SCAG RUN FINE FOR US LITTLE DOWN TIME.

6. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

The cub is a great machine. The honda and Kawi are great motors. I got the kawi. though, it does have more torque than the honda and they have always been great to me. Either motor, you are getting a great machine.

7. t j lawn care

t j lawn care LawnSite Member

I own a 2002 Scag Tiger Cub with a 19 h\p Kaw engine and I am very satified with this outfit

8. Coumbe

Coumbe LawnSite Senior Member

I have one with a 48" Deck and a 19 Kaw and I love it. It is one good machine.

9. floridalawncare

floridalawncare LawnSite Member

there is alot of pressure washers out there that run those hondas at full tilt for hours on end and get exposed to lot's of moisture while they're running. though i've never owned one i'd love to try one.

10. I would go with the 23 kawi over the 24 honda .

The bigger honda's are gutless dont have the torq of the kawi .

I had the tiger cub 52 with the 23 kawi it has all the power you need.
    The machine cuts really well.