Scag Tiger + Kubota diesel

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mag360, Sep 24, 2006.

1. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like this is going to happen. Can anyone with info update us on the production of kubota powered scag riders for '07. Has anyone seen a prototype yet? Are they scheduling demos?
  2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I talked to my Scag dealer on friday and he just got back for a dealer meeting. He said that it was going to be about $2,000 less than Scags current diesel and it will be here for 2007.
  3. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Scag Tiger AND Kubota Diesel, :weightlifter: :weightlifter: :weightlifter:
  4. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks. I also just spoke to the dealer and he has price sheets already for a Tiger (not sure if it is sabre or not) with 25hp kubota. Recommended sale price of I think $14,9xx. Hopefully there is still alot of room to drop for the dealers. I'd like to see it at or under $12,000.

I'm waiting for a real quote from the dealer and will post it when I get it.
    Please let us know if anyone else has a quote yet.
  5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Keep us posted.
  6. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer says they will be out in November. I got my Sabre tooth for under $14k. But that was in 2005. 25hp may not be enough for a 72" deck.
  7. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

We're talking diesel, NOT gas. That 25 h.p. Kubota is too much for a 72" deck. :laugh: :laugh:
  8. Envy Lawn Service

This would be cool....

25 hp Kubota
    61" Velocity Plus deck
    57-59" rear track width
    Great Dane style sticks
    Suspension seat

$10-12K max.
  9. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Envy why would you say Great Dane style sticks i havent used them first hand but i have heard and beleive that they were very uncomfortable..and i would think that you would have to stay "leaned" which i would imagine being uncomfortable...agian i havent ever used then this is jst hear say and looks
  10. Envy Lawn Service

Well, that has been the primary thing I have heard from people.

But I'm telling you, these are the type of people who don't know how to grab a wrench and set the comfort adjustments to fit them. No different than any other ZTR really, but yes they can be way more uncomfortable than others if not adjusted.

But once you set them to fit you and your sitting position...
    Boy they are great.

You sit normal, rest your hands (or hand) on them and go.
    For me they are very natural and it's very easy to do "one hand" operation.
    Passing under low branches and stuff they are really nice.
    You can actually mow around under a tree with one hand.

It's also nice not to be trapped under the sticks.
    In an emergency it is a plus.
    In addition, getting on and off, starting and stopping is easier.
    (so long as you learn how to without whacking the family jewels.

Where I really like them in this case was like when I had to stop and hop off the mower for something.
    Like for trash, and especially on slopes.
    You just pull up the brake and get right off.
    Jump back on, release the brake and go.
    But I can't tell you how many times I tried to take off with the brake on though.

I don't know how much of it is the sticks and how much of it is the Great Dane drive system and layout. But the Chariot LX is by far my most favorite ZTR to drive. But I didn't buy one for other reasons.

I hope Everride (ACI) does good things for Great Dane's future.
    With some minor changes to the machine and some major changes to the company, they could become a nice option.