1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

scag to exmark gobbler conversion

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shady Brook, Jun 1, 2002.

1. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I am getting an opportunity to buy a 48 exmark belt drive. It is a 98 with a 15 horse Kohlor. Any thoughts on this machine? Is this the same deck design as the current models. Looks like a superflow type deck design. Will it accept a multch kit.

Big question, can I mount the bracket from my current scag 36 on this exmark so that I can use the grass gobbler. Please don't tell me I have to buy a whole new bagger setup. Any help is greatly appreciated.

:D I'm getting an exmark:D
  2. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

it should fit fine. if you are planning on using it on boths mowers you will need to buy a second bracket is all. that way there is no fumbling to take off the bracket at every other job. hope this helps and good luck with the mower
  3. jay

Does the deck have the baffles under there? If it does it should be able to use the exmark mulch kit
  4. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

No baffles, it resembles the Toro superflow deck in my opinion. The blades do not extend to the front of the deck, seems like space for grass to flow in front of the blades, and out the shoot. I was hopeing for the option for a multchkit, but it does not look like that will work. Did they make different decks for these units, or is the multch kit only for very recent model exmarks?

Thanks so much guys