1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Scag TT 61" 28hp Cat diesel

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nosparkplugs, Jun 21, 2008.

1. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Dealer has a TT 61" Cat diesel on the show room floor, it's a amazing machine to say the least, and massive. I got to listen to the Cat diesel running, wow it's a "thumper" lots of compression & I can only imagine the torque the engine block is very tall, long engine stroke= lots of low end torque. Price $14,850 no mulch kit in that price. I would love to purchase a big mower like that, but I do equal amounts of highly landscaped high end propeties, and large commercial acoounts where the big Cat would be like a cub bear in a china cabinet.
  2. Apples

Apples LawnSite Senior Member

I thought the Cat motor only came with the 72". Do you think the 28hp Cat would have enough power for the 72" deck? They are very nice mowers.
  3. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

IMO the most HP running the smaller deck would be an advantage. Personally I have no application or need for a 72" deck. Their selling both deck sizes with the diesel
  4. bock

bock LawnSite Member

Thoes mowers are engineering wonders. A guy I know has a ferris with a cat in it. It sounded like a bobcat when I first herd it.