Scag TT 61" Problem starting

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by wordholder, Aug 29, 2007.

1. wordholder

wordholder LawnSite Member

Today after mowing I clean the mower off and went to start it and nothing. I check the relays and discover I had power to the solenoid at the positive battery post. Still wouldn't start until I shorted across the solenoid. I tested the green wires on the solenoid had no power even with the key twisted to the starter position. I had wired across the relays at the brake, seat and arms. Could this be the relay mounted under the instrument panel by the gas throttle cable? Thank you for any help.

2. watatrp

watatrp LawnSite Senior Member

I've had the same problem with mine a couple of times in the past week. I haven't diagnosed the problem completely yet. Mine blows a fuse as soon as I turn the key. I opened up the control panel and made sure all the wired under there were connected. It started up just fine after I put the cover back on. It did it again yesterday. Same deal, took the control panel cover off and then it started up again. I am guessing that it is the module with all the wires running into it. I've had the same problem in the past and when the dealer replaced it, it ran fine.

3. wordholder

wordholder LawnSite Member

It was indeeded the relay mounted under the instrument panel by the gas throttle cable. On mine it was not the relay with all the wires(electronic module high dollar) but the relay bolted to the throttle bracket. Hope this helps someone. I was prepared to get the electronic module if this didn't work.