1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Scag TT Promo Price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by puppypaws, Apr 21, 2009.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

There are new Scag TT's, 61" with the 35 Vanguard in different areas of the country being sold at a promo price of $10,499.00 and I was told they could be bought for $9,800.00 from the right person.

People that keep talking about the high prices of Scag mowers need to be looking in the right places, they are in areas of the country to be bought at pretty good prices. This is not hearsay, and came straight from the man in the know. He gave me the impression every sell was tough and things were being done to deal with this weak economy.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  2. bryansong

bryansong LawnSite Member

Price quoted to me this morning Blue Springs Missouri

$12,148.00 This is quite a bit away from your source.

I am talking about the high prices --- yet, I am still working on it. I think I am going to run into this with eXmark also. Still working on it!!!

Also, I have no intention of scouring the country trying to make a deal. I need a local dealer, even if it is 20 miles away, local enough.

3. puppypaws

It really amazes me how there can be so much price difference around the country on all mowers. I told him what Tacoma was able to buy the 35 TT for ($9600.00) and he said, "someone really wanted him to have that mower, I know exactly what the cost is and that was more than a good price."

The impression I got from him was Tacoma bought the cheapest one in the country. I asked him what the promo price on the 29 dfi was and he said, "$12,999.00," I said, "you have got to be kidding me." He then told me you may find one for a little over $12,000.00 if someone was hungry enough, after that he said, "and believe me we have dealers hurting in this economy."

I said, "I'll be darn if I would buy a weaker mower (by far) and pay $2500.00 dollars more for it." I realize there is a fuel savings, but I don't know if it would pay its way in comparison due to the fact a 35 hp Vanguard is by far more productive. You can say, I am saving fuel, which means I am paying the difference in price, but when you take into consideration how much more productive the machine is; this makes the money figure a little differently.
  4. bryansong

bryansong LawnSite Member

I am leaving from work in a minute or so, never heard back from the guy I saw Saturday, I called too early and he wasn't in yet. I am going to go by there tonight. I hope he can get me a demo unit.

I have no problem with a more productive 35 hp unit. I asked for a price quote on the 29 kaw DFI ( fuel injected) also ( not buy my salesman) and it was $11,700.00
    That is less than I thought it was going to be.

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

That's just a little more than what I priced the 29 Kaws at, I think the best offer was $10,895 for an 08 and maybe $10,200 for an 09. My dealer had to buy 5 of the 35's last year that were offered for the same price that the dealer had been paying for the 27 Kohlers (that's what the dealer said) so my dealer took them up on the offer. Other dealers told me the same thing that they were offered a promotion on 35 Briggs but most of the dealers passed up the offer because the 27 Kohlers and 29 Kaws are better sellers here. I can't explain it but my dealer said he still had a couple left, not sure if I can get anyone out of taxes but I bet he would sell the last two at or close to the price he gave me. He was only able to sell this at this price because he agreed to take several 35's off their hands when they needed to move that model. Most dealers passed on the offer. My dealer thought it was crazy not to buy the 35's at the 27 Kohler price so he jumped on the deal. This is what I was told. I also had to agree on paying up front, not trades, no finance to get this price.

If my dealer had to buy the same unit now his price would be much higher I would guess.
  6. puppypaws

That would seem like a no brainer to me personally, the 35 will drag a 27 backwards.
  7. thawk408

thawk408 LawnSite Member

My dealer is selling me a 61/35 for $9600. Picking it up thursday. Also getting $1000 in trade for an old walk behind I have and I am financing.
  8. thawk408

thawk408 LawnSite Member

It wont let me edit?

I believe he ordered 3 more, if anyone wants one.
  9. bahamamills

bahamamills LawnSite Member

Best I could find for the 61/35 was 10.2 and call dealers withing 45 miles in every direction.
  10. clvickers

clvickers LawnSite Member

I just both a SCAG TT w/61" Deck, 27 A/C Kohler and Suspension Seat for $10,250.00