Scag TT Wheel Stud ?????????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tagg, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Tagg

Tagg LawnSite Member

I am looking for wheel studs for my 2003 Turf Tiger. Misaligned the rim and it chewed up the studs and rim. I need to replace the studs. The specs are 1/2"x20 thread with a 16.2mm / .64 inch knurled hub diameter that is 7.8mm / .30 inches high. overall length of 56.2mm / 2.22 inches of which this length can be upto 1/2" shorter. Any HELP is appreciated. Talked to Scag and they dont sell the studs seperate from the hub assembly. They gave me a NAPA part #, however it is undersized by .04" at the knurled hub diameter. Scag is STILL THE BEST !!!. Pat and Rob at their Tech. Support are Still the Greatest. I checked the parts manual for our new 2007 TT and it doesn't seperate the studs from the hub either. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and where did they get the studs and or part #'s. Worst case would be to tack weld the undersized studs in to hold stud to tighten and loosen wheel rim. Thanks.
  2. Tagg

Tagg LawnSite Member

3. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

You could also use an epoxy product such as Epoxo-88 or Belzona to fill the space around the stud and hole.