Scag Turf Runner

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AndrewBest, Jun 12, 2008.

1. AndrewBest

AndrewBest LawnSite Member

Hey guys I'm lookin at a Scag Turf Runner I found it at a local dealer with 1500hrs in great condition and just serviced . He told me that it performs vary similar to a walker if anybody has any comments on it or if you have one I really need some feedback.. Need to know ASAP they only want 1800.00 for the mower out the door.. Thanks Andrew

2. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

run--don't walk--away quickly......

3. AndrewBest

why is that buddy you know somethen bad about them??? lookin for nay help guys!!

4. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

It would be hard to get parts for it, because it was discontinued.

5. A-Land

A-Land LawnSite Senior Member

They didn't sell many because most dealers that carry scag also carry walkers....

From what I've seen, they cut fine. They really don't stripe well (could be the operator I suppose, this is just from an observation)

Bottom line.... there's a reason it's only 1800. They want to get rid of it. You do get what you pay for. There's a reason Walker Mfg is doing so well and scag discontinued the machine..... btw it was also called the "cougar"

6. B&B LAWN

B&B LAWN LawnSite Senior Member

it is a very heavy mower as well

7. A-Land

A-Land LawnSite Senior Member

I remember Scag called it "robust" at the time. I'm pretty sure they also wanted to go for the fact that it was more "heavy" duty than a walker.

:laugh:

8. AndrewBest

great comments guys keep um coming.. if this isnt that great of mower does anybody have a walker for sale at a good price...