Scag Turf Tiger 28 Cat diesel $12k

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by djagusch, Mar 5, 2011.

1. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Talked to the scag rep if there was any deals on certain models right now. He said the tt w/28 cat diesel 61" deck was $12k. That is a lot of mower for that price. Makes me wonder if I should get one instead of the 35hp briggs. The deal just came out so the dealer might need to call the rep to find out.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Your dealer wont be selling it for $12k I can tell you that. I just looked at the special for that machine and yah....$12k isnt going to happen.

3. TheOctagon

TheOctagon LawnSite Senior Member

I have not heard about this deal yet but you can bet i'll be calling monday on it for sure. I would love to have that diesel selling for under 14,000 and still stay in business. That sounds like a deal i could move pretty well.

4. lawnstripe

lawnstripe LawnSite Member

Maybe you guys can help me price my 2008 scag 28 cat diesel with a 72" deck with 675 hours. Thanks

5. pugs

No need to call really. Its on the distributor website. You guys have the same dist as us. 14 is more realistic. 12 aint gonna happen.

6. djagusch

from MN

Well I was pointed to the special in print and was told that was the price. Midwest pace distributor.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. djagusch

from MN

It sounded like I would be paying dealer pricing and the dealer would get a kickback/rebate off the deal which made it worth their time. Came from the horses mouth and in writing behind it. He also said the 29dfi is down in price from last year.

Pugs it sounds like your a dealer and don't want to pass along deals to your customers.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. pugs

Please feel free to post a copy of this "print" that you saw or a copy of your invoice after you buy one. Otherwise STFU. I just read the deal they have going and there is no possible way any dealer could sell one for 12k period. No there is no reimbursement from the distributor or Scag. And nobody in their right mind is going to sell one for way less than it cost them. If there is savings to be had I pass whatever deal they have going on to my customers.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  9. djagusch

from MN

The owner of the dealer is on a snowmobiling trip and was talking to the rep directly. My dealers owner will be back tues/wed. Ill have him get me a quote (I still have not decided between the briggs or cat and got a month before I need one).

The print was on his laptop, most likely the same promo material you got online. If you don't believe me pm me for the reps name and number. My dealer is low volume (less than 5 units a yr) I know he sends a check, no floor planning which is uncommon.

Or by the way I won't stfu.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

There is an 08' 61" at my dealer with 325hrs asking $8800. They have had it since last summer for sale. http://www.fourbros.com/used.htm