Scag Turf Tiger 35hp?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gatorman1, Feb 4, 2007.

1. gatorman1

gatorman1 LawnSite Member

I am new to this site but have read and learned alot on here. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the scag 35hp? If so how is the cut and the hill climbing ability? I'm going to demo one in march.

2. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

do not know anything about the 35's I have a 61a turf tiger with a KAW 29 DFI and I love it . and is great on gas it average just under a gal a hr .Scag is suppose to be offering a KUBOTA disel in a Turf Tiger this year I saw one at the EXPO in Louisville in Oct they saw that is will replace the Saber Tooth Tiger and cost a whole lot less

3. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I doubt the diesel Turf Tiger will replace the Sabre Tooth Tiger. It will just be a more affordable diesel.

4. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

from what the Scag rep said at the show they was thinking about DC the Saber Tooth line of mowers that was one reason for them to offer the Kubota diesel in the Turf Tiger I personaly think that it is abad move on their the Saber Tooth is just a brute of a mower and even though the Turf Tiger is a great mower it is not the same mower that the Saber Tooth is I have 2 Saber Tooths 72a\ one is a 31 hp gas and other one is a 31 turbo disel and 1 Turf Tiger 61 a with the Kaw 29dfi