Scag Turf Tiger 52' Advantage Deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ollie3, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Ollie3

Ollie3 LawnSite Member

I have just about made up my mind about purchasing this new Scag mower it's a Scag Turf Tiger 52' Advantage cutting deck with a 27hp kohler. I chose this mower over the Exmark, and I'd like to hear from other Scag owners to see if I made the right decision. I think I have. I put down a deposit and I pick it up on Monday. It comes with a strpier kit, Clam shell dump from the seat, trailer hitch, and the hurricane mulching system. This is my first Scag and I hope it wont be my last.

Ollie :walking:
  2. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

if only going with the 52 deck, why not the wildcat?, I heard the clamshell is so so. I heard the 3 bags were the way to go. I am only saying this because i was ready to pull the trigger on the wildcat. Scags are very stout.
  3. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Scag is a great machine.:)
  4. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

ya if your not cutting huge properties where the machince is running all day why not the wildcat, i dont see where the watercooled would be that neccesary. as far as the bagger goes we have the 3 bagger system on a turf tiger and i like that better than the clamshell as far as getting the debris into a can or the back of the truck

Picture 817.jpg
  5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

His mower only has the 27hp kohler which is air-cooled

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

You can't get a water cooled in a 52 inch deck,he has got the bigger pumps,shaft driven,and the better seat than the wildcat not much more money than the cat the resale will be there.
  7. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Why scag, you dont hear alot of people talking about scag. Why is that? What do you think about the new Triadvantage deck?
  8. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

Buy the scag but take the mulch kit off you will be far happier
  9. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

you can get the 26 HP Kaw liquid cooled in Wildcat 52" with new deck.
  10. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

No problems with my scags and they stripe good without a kit