Scag Turf Tiger 61" Kohler 31hp EFI Price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rocklandls, May 15, 2012.

1. rocklandls

rocklandls LawnSite Member

I am in the market for a Scag 61" T/T with the Kohler 31 hp EFI engine. I have been to 3 dealers today in Connecticut and each one has said they have the best price..$12,999 $11,999 and $11,500.

Just curious what people are paying for this machine. Are these good prices or can I get a lower price?

Thanks

2. powerequippro

powerequippro LawnSite Member

$11,999 is the right price!

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

One here is looking to buy in CT. The other is looking to sell in CT and claims the middle of the 3 prices is the right price. rocklandls any chance the guy claiming 11,999 is the right price happens to be one of the dealers you got a price from today? To me it seems like the right price is $11,500 if you were quoted prices on the exact same machines.

4. powerequippro

powerequippro LawnSite Member

laughing..definitely not a dealer. In truth, your probably better off buying from the best local dealer who can take care of any issues promptly and correctly. In the long run, the few hundred dollars more or less wont mean a great deal if you have to run 45 minutes there and back for help or the dealer isn't experienced enough to deal with a commercial cutter.

5. rocklandls

All 3 dealers are local...there is a $1500 difference in price

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Never known a dealer to refuse to work on equipment they did not sell. Just take it to an authorized and reputable dealer.

7. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

i got a quote of 12,200 today! he wont budge on it either. That's the one bad thing about a successfull dealer that has HUDGE city and loxal government contracts.

8. mach14604

mach14604 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Don't buy that mower with that engine! I am on motor number 3!

9. rocklandls

Under warrenty? What's happening?

10. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

any update on motor issue?