Scag Turf Tiger 71" cut

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by green_with_envy, Mar 20, 2009.

1. green_with_envy

green_with_envy LawnSite Member
    from pa

I have the chance to buy a Turf Tiger, 71" cut, gas engine, homeowner owned, under 400 hours and maybe 8 years old. Always dealer serviced every year. Looks like new.
    $2500....yes or no?

How you people like them? I have Hustler and Ex mark.
  2. stidrvr

stidrvr LawnSite Member

thats a steal!!!!!
  3. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Good deal if it runs good. What engine is in it. Also if you don't want it send me the contact info I just got a contract that I could use it on.

By the way what track days do you do?
  4. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I agree, that is a steal if the mower is in decent shape and only home owner use.
  5. RTR Landscaping

RTR Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

That's a really good deal. My Scag dealer had a trade in that was pretty close to the same mower. He sold it for $4500 with 600 hrs of commercial use.I have Turf Tigers with 61" decks and absolutley think there the best mowers available. If you need and can trailer a 72" deck, I'd go for it. You might ask the dealer for the service record if available.
  6. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

That is a very good deal ... grab it !!
  7. lawnboy2068

lawnboy2068 LawnSite Member

My friend who we share yard space with has 3 of these and they are beasts. For $2500 you would be insane not to grab it. Brand new they go for about $12K here in NJ depending on the engine. Get it, you won't be disappointed.

8. jlawnman

jlawnman LawnSite Member
    from NC

Hell yes! Buy if even if you don't need it! Clean it up a little and make 2 grand profit on it tomorrow! Those babies new are 4 times that.. Buy it dude! Don't worry about how well it runs.
  9. green_with_envy

green_with_envy LawnSite Member
    from pa

I do (or have done) track days at Shannonville Canada, Nelson Ledges Ohio (crap track), Summit (MAIN) WV, Pocono PA (WHAT A HOLE) , Beaver Run near Pittsburgh.

Not sure what engine...all I know is it is gas. Going to get it next week. It has been sitting for a year and a half. It looks almost new. Even got the contract to cut their property. Just hope it starts ok.
  10. jlawnman

jlawnman LawnSite Member
    from NC

Ok.. It's been sitting for a year and a half? No big deal.. I can tell you now that it won't crank. Before you even try, dump the fuel tank, flush out the fuel lines, new fuel filter, take off the carb & clean out all the varnished gas (if needs be, new gaskets, diaphrams, and needle valve) , new spark plug, oil change w/new filter. Charge the battery. Grease up the spindles. Hydro system is sealed, so that should be OK.

Letting them sit up is BAD. But you should have a good machine after a little work. Keep us posted.:)