Scag Turf Tiger Mulch blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scottm1, Oct 31, 2007.

1. scottm1

scottm1 LawnSite Member
    from Mo

Does anybody use the mulch blades and deck block off plate to mulch their leaves with their Turf Tiger? I was wondering if it is worth the money for these before I buy them.

2. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

What type of mulch blades are u talking about? I use gator blades and they work awesome with out leaving any clippings behind.

3. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the mulch plate and Scag eliminator blades for leaves and it works great.

4. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I run the mulch plate and gator blades on both my Turf Tigers during leaf season. It does a good job mulching the leaves with just the plate.

5. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

The scag eliminators (wavy blade) seem more prone to bending than basic straight gator blades.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I bought the full package for our Tiger 48" including the Scag mulching blades. I never put the channel stuff on but use all the rest including the blocked outlet. We mulch year round and it does just fine in leaves.

7. kbagger

kbagger LawnSite Member

Without the channels installed, do you use the front baffle? Do you use the baffles that bolt on around the spindles? I've got the same tiger cub with the full kit installed. Seems to work prety good, but packs up under the deck a lot. Just wondering if your setup works better. Thanks for your advice. :waving:

8. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

gator blades will be a lot chaeper than the Scag brand blades

9. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

they might be, but what blades mulch better?

10. advantage landscaping

advantage landscaping LawnSite Member

Dk why would you run a scag blade on an exmark machine? That makes no sense..