Scag Turf Tiger or Hustler Super Z?? post pics

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by brandoncuts54, Feb 3, 2012.

1. brandoncuts54

brandoncuts54 LawnSite Senior Member

So me and a couple buddies of mine were talking and i have a turf tiger and my buddy has a super z and we were argueing which one is better. SOO i thought id ask everyone on here. Which do u think is better?? Also feel freee to post pics of yours!!! id love to see everybodys equipment!

Picture 18.png

Picture 23.png

2. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

I like everything about the Hustler better than the Scagg except.......... the deck.:cry: The XR7 deck is not the best deck for northern grass by a long shot. I hear the southern guys love them though. Their earlier standard deck did a better job. 2011 Hustler came out with the all new VX4 deck. If it does as well or better then the Scagg then I'll be buying a new SZ this spring.

3. KPZ Enterprises

KPZ Enterprises LawnSite Senior Member

at least for me its scag all the way! we really didnt have the need to double cut any lawns this yr like we used to do with the exmarks... ill def. be buying another tiger in the near future...heres when she was still new. lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the past summer was a nightmare with all the rain we got!
    [​IMG]

4. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

I have owned both at the same time. The super z has smooth hydro's but that is all I can say good about the mower. I now only own TT's, way better mower overall.

5. brandoncuts54

brandoncuts54 LawnSite Senior Member

DUde thats a sick turf tiger liquid cooled!! ahh love it and yea i had a lazer before and i somtimes even had to triple cut :( but on the new lazers its not like that just the older models! but i love my turftiger!

6. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

both are great mowers. i would get a cheetah. it's like the super z and tt smashed together to make one mower. :laugh:

7. chips17

chips17 LawnSite Member
    from PA

i wasnt a fan of the cheetah. for the extra $$ i dont think its worth being able to go 16 miles per hour. most places you cant unleash it. the velocity deck is unbeatable. this spring ill be demoing a super z just to see how well it does

8. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

the cheetah is about the same price as the turf tiger and has more power. at my dealer a 27hp kohler turf tiger is 10,599 and a 34hp kohler cheetah is 10,799. it's more than just the speed. you also get the suspension platform rather than just a suspension seat. turf tiger is a great mower but i would choose the cheetah over it and the super z.

9. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

61"
    31 HP Kawi Cheetah- 9999.99
    29hp Kawasaki Liquid Cooled Fuel Injection $11999

10. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Oops. The 29hp Kawasaki Liquid Cooled Fuel Injection $11999 is the turf tiger.