Scag Turf Tiger Price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vtx1300, May 14, 2006.

1. vtx1300

vtx1300 LawnSite Member
    from OKC,OK

I'm seriously considering buying a Scag Turf Tiger for about 10 acres that we have to maintain.

I test drove the Turf Tiger with the 61" 29hp liquid-cooled Kawasaki engine and that machine was amazingly fast. Loved the way it cut the grass and didn't have any hesitation or bog down in the stuff I was testing on. I test drove WildCat with the 61" 26hp liquid-cooled Kawasaki and the speed was VERY noticeable - meaning that the Turf Tiger was by far so much faster and just better cutting and driving and speed.

So, I have a Turf Tiger - 61" - 29hp Kawa DFI and they are asking $10,500 - is that a good, fair price or is there more room on one of these guys?

Should I go look at the Hustlers with the new decks or will this Scag be about the best I can buy in you all's pro opinions?

Thanks.

2. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I run JD's. 595 & 495 - Had a mall - one of my original bids to get into the business - $21 per acre - mowed for three years - trimmed and mowed better than anyone in the past - lost it this year due to (someone substantially underbid you) - I told them to keep my number because when the weeds come growing over the curbs, the new people will do one of two things. They will not trim to make a profit, or they will tirm and go brokel Either way I will win - The Mall wants it trimmed./

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds 1k to high there is room on the price to play.

4. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats a little to high. Places around here have 05 for about 9,500. A 31hp Briggs Vangurd sells for 8,500 here. I hope I have been of some help. Good Luck!

5. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

For $10,000, I would DEFINATELY get a machine with a diesel. :hammerhead: :usflag:

6. Ever Green

Ever Green LawnSite Member

I'm being quoted 9900 for a turf tiger w/27 kawi LC...or 9200 for a hustler w/ 30 kohler...hustler66" turf 61"...hope it helps...