1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

scag turf tiger question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by daferg, Oct 17, 2003.

1. daferg

daferg LawnSite Member

Ok, have small problem.

Bought a 98 tiger and am trying to change the oil but I cannot get the square threaded drain plug off. Any tricks???

2. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Is it in good shape or has someone taken a pair of channel locks to it?? What have you tried so far??

I would try the right size wrench, and some WD40 sprayed onto it. Let the WD40 soak in for a few minutes. If that doesnt work I would apply more WD40 and find a way to tap on it with a hammer, and then try the wrench again. If that doesnt work or it is stripped out you can try tapping a socket onto it. I bought a used mower once that was stripped so bad and was so tight that I had to weld a socket to it and use an impact on it.

3. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

:) Do what Jim said if that don't work, go see a dealer a purchase another pulg, then put the vicegrips on it and remove it, if vicegrips won't work get a easyout then you should have no problem, I reall think the WD_40 will loosen it up enough....Good Luck......Marks Mowing Service