Scag turf tiger stripping kit????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eggy, Oct 14, 2001.

1. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

I have been searching several places to find a after market stripping kit to fit a 61 inch turf tiger does anybody know of any place who sells this???? Thanks, eggy

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Just make one. It's not that hard to do.

3. eggy

Eric, lets just say my skills in making anything are less then good. I emailed scg with no luck of course..more and more I think switching to a choppers......But does anybody know of a after market kit?

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

The only Mfg that makes a striping kit for their mowers is DC that I know of. Maybe you can bolt one of them on your mower some way. The DC kits bolt to the wheel motor brackets. Here is a picture of one, see if it will work on yours. ;)

[​IMG]

5. eggy

Its possiable, I tell you what Eric I visited the DC site and liked what I saw, I emailed you about running doubles on the tiger and have since then noticed a clutch going south. I truly love my scagdealer and dont know any DC dealers in this area thats the hard part. The scag dealer in town here is great, but the performance of a DC is really catching my eye. It could be good bye scag, but it would be rough just because of the great dealer service I recieve.

6. Eng Mwr Guy

Eng Mwr Guy Gravely Manufacturer

Eric

Gravely now has striping kits available for new WB and new 260Z's.

Barry
    Gravely Engineer

7. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Eggy
    I have a 52inch turf tiger, i made a stripe kit out of tailgate protector rubber and wrapped it around the orange bar between both of the wheels under the engine area. I rapped it around it and put bolts through the rubber so it wouldn't fall off and so it wouldnt move when i drive around. I would suggest getting a thick piece of rubber because the rubber i used isnt thick enough to make a big time difference in my stripe. Basically the total cost for the stripe kit was like $20. Its not that hard either but if u dont have time well then maybe look at what Eric has and buy that and get it bolted on the turf tiger somehow, theres enough metal in that thing.

Leaves are falling, but grass is still green
    Matt (Lawnman)

8. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Toro also makes a striping kit.

9. eggy

Well of course no response from Scag yet on where to find one, but no big suprise there.........I would like to find one like the DC chain kit, however I do agree it would have to be mounted on that bar as mentioned in the post above.....hmmmm

10. Nick

Nick Banned

york sheet metal makes a roller type one for a Lazer and it might fit a scag.