Scag Turf Tiger w/ 31hp Briggs?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by beaver29, Aug 9, 2005.

1. beaver29

beaver29 LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking at getting a scag turf tiger w/ 29 dfi kawa but the dealer down here told me fuel injection is not good for down south (louisiana) humidity & moisture, he recommended briggs 31hp. Does anyone have any background on a 31hp briggs?
  2. bigz1001

bigz1001 LawnSite Member

The dealer wouldn't happen to have the Briggs in stock would he? I suppose he would have to order the EFI?
  3. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry, but that sounds a little off too me. I'd call SCAG and see what they have to say about that.
  4. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

I have the 29hp kaw w/ fuel injection and it saves a ton on gas compared to my 27hp
  5. beaver29

beaver29 LawnSite Senior Member

I have 3 scag dealers around here and none of them have a 29hp kawa on hand. That might be a reason for that.
  6. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

BTW, I purchased SCAG with 29DFI also. LOL...
  7. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

No disrespect, but all the fuel injected cars running around here in Florida seem to do just fine. Fuel injection is done later in the cumbustion process than with a carb so atmospheric conditions would effect it less.

Fighter jets during early WWII had problems with moisture, ice, lean angle and thin air when they used carbs. When they developed newer engines with fuel injection those problems (for the most part) completely disappeared.
  8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

The 31hp Briggs will be a stronger more powerful engine.

The DFI Kawi isn't that much more powerful than the 27hp carb version.
  9. vaham

vaham LawnSite Member

The dealer is blowing smoke... fuel injection is much more efficient, and not nearly as susceptible to humidity/air temp/atmospheric conditions as carbuerated engines.

10. shortgut

shortgut LawnSite Member

I bought a Scag Turf Tiger with a Kaw 29 DFI and it is almost as good as my 31 HP briggs Dahatsui but it is a 3 cylinder gas the kaw will keep up with the briggs