scag users

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by odin, Nov 23, 2002.

1. Looks like scag is bringing out a dump from the seat 13 bushel baggers for the 48 52 and 61 tiger cubs and the 52 and 61 turf tigers.Due out in late spring.
    Its has a spindle driven blower houseing like the bagger they already have out with the 3 seperate bags
  2. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Hey Buddy

Will that 13 bushel unit fit a 52 cub? I know only a double bagger fits the cub. Did you find out any idea on price? Boy that sure would be great for this time of year.

Take care
  3. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Seeing as this is a Scag Thread ... has anyone heard that They are discontinuing the Cougar line ???
    Just something I had heard in passing ... supposedy they aren't selling enough to continue competing against Walker ...
    Any comments or thoughts?
  4. jay

The dump from your seat i seen on their web site it s available in late spring 2003.

Yes their is gonna be one for the cub 52.The bagger available now has three bags and is 10 bushels .

I dont know about the cougar line but if they aint selling no better then around here i could see why.
    This is scag country around here and i aint seen one cougar not one around here
  5. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

yeah i have known about that for some time and i hear that its going to be within a couple hundred bucks of the 15+ bushel bagger. the big bagger is going for like $1850 installed around here and from the pics i have seen and from the website, it looks as if they use similar if not the same mounting points. the spindle driven motor, debris tube, all the hardware up to the catcher is the same on both units. i went to the dealer this fall with intentions of picking up the 15 bushel bagger and i saw info on the clamshell with dump from the seat capabilities and i was sold. my salesmen said they had one at the show in nashville and its capacity might not be quite 13 bushels. i told him i didnt care because even w/ less capacity its going to be quicker unloading than with the 3 bagger system.

im getting one for at least one of my tigers for sure.