Scag V-Ride Dipstick length

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by lawnsaspire, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

If this is exactly what he told you...... Me thinks you need to find another dealer.......

2. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

are u saying its possible that its at the right level but that i wont know since kawasaki dipsticks
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

kawi dipsticks give false readings?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Yes but I always worried that there was less oil than the stick was indicating. And people warned against overfilling it with oil.

5. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Do you think the length changes on its own? If its put straight why would it not read correctly?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

The FX691 has a capacity of 2.2 qts with filter change--that would be between 68 and 69 fl. oz. It ought to be a simple task to establish a baseline or verify the validity of the dipstick when you do an oil/filter change. Add the prescribed amount of oil and check oil level with the dipstick. Keep in mind that oil level is checked WITHOUT the cap being screwed down on the fill tube. If the filter is not changed the capacity is 1.9 qts or 61 iz.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The oil doesn't stick properly to the plastic like it does with the metal dipstick that Kohler has. When you slide the plastic one in it pulls oil from the side of the tube and can give false reading I think.