Scag V-Ride Review (pics included)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by DLAWNS, Aug 29, 2010.

1. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Save an old backpack for it yes. He has them for standers now, grandstand and vride is being built over the winter I'm told.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

That Piggyback is cool but has that homemade look to it. Looks like it does ok at sucking stuff up but not great. But the lack of a vacuum collection system would make a stander a hard choice for me.

3. demhustler

demhustler LawnSite Bronze Member

does using backpack blower more effective than debris impeller unit (pto or external driven) - or chosen for cost reduction or simplify build?

about~~element25.jpg

4. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

WHAT IN THE WORLD:confused::confused::confused:

5. demhustler

demhustler LawnSite Bronze Member

what part you can't understand or so confusing for you?
    did you asked your guy who building it - blower better than impeller or just cheaper?
    still can't understand?

6. JayD

I did not ask him anything!

7. JayD

I would like to see this in action...

8. djagusch

from MN

Simple to build, reduction of wear parts, cost factor and weight. It seems like an impellar lasts 2 years before the metal wears thin and a rock takes out a blade. This piggyback doesn't really have wear parts which is nice. The backpack should have umph to get leaves up the chute. If not I would get a scag deck blower housing and eveything would be fine but a tad wider and heavier.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. djagusch

from MN

Trac vac and peco's all look homemade also but work fine. Being the only choice for a stand ons (besides trac vacs for some models) it hopefully either works or makes others build something better for stand ons.

I got my back up plan if the blower isn't enough, with the scag blower. Don't know if wright has one for their decks, guessing toro/exmark does.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Glad to hear your busy dude! That should work out really well for you with the curbside leaf pickup! I hope that makes you a ton of money!

I know! I'm glad this thread is still going. Usually I start a thread, it gets maybe 10 replies and is done in a day. This one has actually been productive! lol