Scag V-Ride Review (pics included)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by DLAWNS, Aug 29, 2010.

1. DavidNJ

DavidNJ LawnSite Senior Member

These mulching kits wrap each blade...a crawl under and bolt/unbolt operation. They also use different blades from normal discharge mowing. Deere has a "Mulch-on-Demand" (MOD) option on their 52" and 60" 7iron decks.

2. outlaw1960

outlaw1960 LawnSite Senior Member
    from denver

Grassman, I am sure you have answered this question before, but I did not want to search over the 500 posts you have had in the past month or so...lol. Why did you go toro/exmark over the Scag? I have all three, and have found the Scag to be the better overall mower in 90% of conditions.....my Exmark is flawless in dry, but in normal cutting conditions the Scag wins, hands down. Not starting a brand war, just curious...price, dealer or location?

3. Williams-Landscaping

Williams-Landscaping LawnSite Member

Went and checked them out today and i am going back tomarrow to order the 48'' for 5996$ I cant wait!

4. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

Where are you getting one for $5995? I'm getting quotes for over $8000+!!!!!:confused:

5. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

That got fleet pricing till end of feb. I think $6300 or so is a more normal fleet price.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

Yea, I got the over-the-phone price and am sure I can do a lot better. I'm still looking at a leftover Grandstand.

7. docjones

docjones LawnSite Member
    from WV

Wow! Are you sure the dealer quoted you for a V-Ride 48" or was that a 36" price? Was it with a 24hp Kawasaki? If that's what he quoted you for a 48", you should jump all over it. My dealer just quoted me 6700 and is supposed to call me back tomorrow to tell me whether or not that's Fleet price.

8. Williams-Landscaping

Williams-Landscaping LawnSite Member

No it was a 48. The 36" was 5395
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. docjones

docjones LawnSite Member
    from WV

Sweet deal! Congrats!

10. Flatop

Flatop LawnSite Member

Ordered my 36" Vride today at under $6,000 total. Should be delivered this Wednesday.