Scag V-Ride Review (pics included)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by DLAWNS, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Flatop

Flatop LawnSite Member

Ordered my 36" Vride today at under $6,000 total. Should be delivered this Wednesday. It was a tough decision between the Wright 36"RH and Scags Vride. I was lucky enough to demo a Vride over the weekend. I liked the feel and ride of the mower. The fleet pricing, 20HP FX engine, and standard adjustable height and overall feel of the mower made my decision for me.

2. HPSInc

HPSInc LawnSite Senior Member

i wish i waited another couple months and got one of them now instead. although i only paid 7k + tax before i even heard of the fleet pricing deal, could have gotten it for 6700 + tax. but oh well..now i got a 0 hour 2010 waiting for spring but the bummer was the recall on the frame. What an ugly fix on a brand new machine. I hope they fix the 11 models. i should have not even brought it in or instead i should have found out where they were bracing the frame and paid someone else to do it so it would have looked a bit more factory. if anyone has pics of the frame fix on their mower post up id like to see how yours looks compared to mine

3. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I'm about to bring mine in for the recall any day now. Can you post pics of your machine so I can see how bad it looks?

4. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

The recall is only for the 52's. I got the tsb from scag. The location of the repair is pretty much out of site. Post up some pics, if your not happy send a email and pics to scag.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. DieselHolic

DieselHolic LawnSite Senior Member

I know the 61" Vride does 11mph. Thats flyin, our 11' Kubota ZD326P (P model is faster) only does 10.6.

6. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I just bought a 61 V Ride its pretty fast and has larger pumps and wheel motors than the smaller deck mower V Rides. Ive had Standers and this is built like a real tank.

7. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Does your 61 do better on hills than the 48-52inch models?

8. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

HAHAHA.....oh man........thanks, I needed a chuckle today! Stan

9. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

No idea its pretty front heavy so I assume its good. I cut the 2 acre field behind my house and it did really good in 1 pass with 12 inch field grass. Way better than my Lazer z did. But the hills Ill find out soon. But you can flip up the foot plate and walk behind it pretty comfortable.

Im going to look into the mulch kit Ive never really mulched with a full kit anyone know how the V Deck does mulching fsecue and bluegrass?

10. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Has anyone heard on the 36in scag v ride... does it have ruttin problems