Scag V-Ride Review (pics included)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by DLAWNS, Aug 29, 2010.

1. HPSInc

HPSInc LawnSite Senior Member

i have a 52'', yes the chute is down. Im going to run it open and see how that does. i think it will be much better

2. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Hey guys got a quick question. How does the v ride hold up on lawns that take around a hour or so. How do y'all feel after cutting that long

3. Frank's_Landscaping

Frank's_Landscaping LawnSite Member

We run the v-ride and my guys like it, even on larger properties, it's a little more bouncy then a sit down but still it's not exhausting or anything

4. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Thanks I demoed one today and I LOVED THE V RIDE!!!! It's a heck of a machine

5. IXINRGIXI

IXINRGIXI LawnSite Senior Member

i want one a 61" vride sooo freakin bad

6. snow4me

snow4me LawnSite Member
    Male, from Barrington IL

I tried this link and they don't have a website anymore. Found several YouTube videos and this looks like one efficient leaf collections system. I bought a 52" V-ride last month and would love to use it for leaf pick up so this would be great if I could find one.

BTW- Great thread guys...I am only 1/2 way through it and much more informed for having read it. Keep up the good work.:clapping:

7. snow4me

snow4me LawnSite Member
    Male, from Barrington IL

Just curious as to what the price you guys paid for the 61" V-rides. Tell us if it is OTD or before taxes price too - thanks!

8. snow4me

snow4me LawnSite Member
    Male, from Barrington IL

Can someone explain to me what is required to get the fleet pricing on Scag Mowers?

9. Paul's Green Thumb

Paul's Green Thumb LawnSite Member

Well I'm pretty excited to be picking up my 36" V-Ride tomorrow. $5821 before taxes, I think I did allright :)

I'm a newb/startup, and this will be my first larger commercial mower (I also have a Honda HRC216). I'm going with the smallest model in order to fit thru residential gates. Honestly, I'm just excited to see a big piece of the puzzle fall into place! 0%/48mo financing doesn't hurt, either. Love that free money!

So lets see, I still need a trailer, insurance, clients... Lol! Gotta start somewhere :)

10. Rvldesign

Rvldesign LawnSite Member

paul you will love the mower. i bought a 36" lasts year as my main mower and it was very nimble and great for the back yards. even picked up a few big accounts and it handled those great. bought the 52 this year. lets just say im looking forward to mowing again. lol