Scag V-Ride Review (pics included)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by DLAWNS, Aug 29, 2010.

1. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I don't have any really huge hills to worry about, but I have a few slopes that my Z or my Navigator always slip on and the V-Ride handled it like a pro. I made sure to use it on those lawns to see the difference and it was 10 times better than my other mowers. Hopefully someone that deals with some bigger hills will have some better input.

2. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Great answers....I was having a hard time figuring out how to explain it. And I definitely agree. Take what you can get out of a demo. I was able to use one for about a week and a half and got to use it on all my lawns. It really helped me make a decision.

I have a question: I didn't really think about it when I demoed it, but does anyone know if you can put a side bagger on it (like a grass gobbler or accelerator catcher). I would probably rarely use it, but I'm just curious and would like the option.

Here are the only two pics I took. I should have taken more, but the last few months have been crazy around here and haven't taken many pics lately.

034.jpg

035.jpg

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i have the accelerator on mine. very nice set up.

4. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

cool, thanks dude...

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i dont use mine that offend but its a must have.

6. groundskeeperllc

groundskeeperllc LawnSite Senior Member

looks good!!!, just looked at Scag website and it looks like they added the 61" V-ride into the website info- says Coming Fall 2010, and even list it under model options

7. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I keep coming back and reading these posts and looking at that mower.
    I HAVE TO GET A DEMO

8. balreadysaid

balreadysaid LawnSite Senior Member

it also says the 61 29hp 11mph ground speed and it should weigh a under 1000lbs. if it runs good size tires im in! there is no reason not to own one that is that small with that big a deck and when you need to mow some seriously tall grass it is great for it!

9. JoeHop6299

JoeHop6299 LawnSite Member

BrunoT,
    You are right,I should slow down and take time to check my spelling and grammar. I could be ugly, but I'm a nice guy;therefor I'm going to let it go. (Sorry I think that might be a run-on)

10. groundskeeperllc

groundskeeperllc LawnSite Senior Member

went by dealer this morning and they don't carry the V-rides in stock- not many standers down here in south Louisiana, they said they would work on trying to get me a demo, quoted me $6,599 on the 36" V-ride, how's that compare to your areas prices? there is one on ebay for $5800, its a year end closeout price though