1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Scag V-Ride Review (pics included)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by DLAWNS, Aug 29, 2010.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

those lines look good if you asked me!

just a little tip, when you need to go in reverse instead of letting go and changing your grip to the lower grab bar just keep your normal grip and use your wrists to just push back on the levers. Dont even put your hands or fingers around the bars just let your palm slide up and over the lever and then use the wrist to push back.

hope that makes sense.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks. Yup it makes perfect sense and I will try that out tomorrow. I appreciate the tip man.
  3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

you have to get a accelerator for that thing though. i got one for mine and use it all the time. Thats a baddass mower, your gona just love it. I think im going to get a 61" next spring when they come out.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah man...I saw that you posted that about the accelerator bagger so I already have my dealer getting me one. You're not kidding...I freakin love it so far!

Btw thanks to you and everyone else that gave input about this mower. It definitely helped me with my decision!
  5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

so you went scag huh, it is nice machine, but lots of things i did not like about it. good luck, and the accelerator baggers are the only way to go!

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah man. I had to. I demoed it and for what I'm doing it worked awesome. I will definitely be getting the accelerator.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Do you guys have any trouble with your hands getting tired on the V-Ride? I demoed one the other day and after an hour, my hands were quite tired. Now, I am used to using my Stander for 8+ hours a day and so one hour on the V-Ride should have been easy. I think that it has to do with the controls being so close to your body instead of forward more.

What has your experience been?
  8. demhustler

demhustler LawnSite Bronze Member

if praising it - all you want to hear wan to hear ... -

here's your major and following flaws:

"After just a few days I took the 80 lbs of weight bolted under the front of the mower, the big pad, and the fold down platform extension.
    I just wish the operating controls were pushed forward about 8" so the operators weight could be forward of the axle area a little bit more....

looks like it's not a "a VERY good engineered standon:" after all?
    inability to balance it right from the beginning - adding and carrying a dead weight, far from COG - would turn me off from the start

but well, if praise scag engineers - your way to go... good, may be next time they'll add you more dead weight...
  9. demhustler

can someone answer?
  10. demhustler

G., what your likes/ dislikes?